Saturday, March 5, 2011
John Q Response
This scene really stood out in my mind, maybe just because it was the last thing I saw but still it stuck out. At the very end of the movie after the final court scene is over John is loaded into the back of a police car to be taken to serve his sentence. As the car is pulling away John’s son runs out of his mother’s arms and through the crowd calling towards his dad. He says, “Dad, Dad, thank you.” Then his son shows off his muscles like he ad earlier. This scene is very significant obviously because it ends the movie. Also, the scene shows that even though what John did was obviously wrong he accomplished is goal. His son was given a transplant and a new life. He will serve jail time but John will see his son grow older. His son’s final flexing poses symbolize the new strength he has found because of his dad’s actions.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
This scene was definitely one to remember. There seemed to be no shame for the 'wrong-doing' that John did because of the main goal that be accomplished, saving his son. It was such a cute scene! Would this be called a bitter-sweet ending? Maybe with more sweet?
ReplyDeleteI liked this scene a lot as well. I thought that after they found him guilty, which he was of course, they ended the movie in a way that made it seem as though all the troubles John went through for his son were completely worth it.
ReplyDeleteDuring the judgment scene I thought it was funny watching Mike's expressions when the jury was concluding the case. I don't think I knew much about court cases as a nine-year-old and watching Mike throw expressions of happiness and mini-tantrums were hilarious to me.
ReplyDeleteI just realized what I wrote is irrelevant to your post. But I do agree with you, their father-son relationship is really strong. Didn't Mike want to be a bodybuilder or something? I think that scene also shows how Mike can follow his dream and become strong because of his dad.